Besides learning and behavioural problems children and teenagers may also experience social and emotional problems.
Indications for this may be:
- performance anxiety or lack of self-confidence;
- bullying or being bullied;
- physical complaints such as headaches and stomachaches, for which no medical cause was found;
- being withdrawn and somber;
- being over-sensitive and frightened
In some cases an examination can shed light on the underlying causes of these problems; sometimes a period of personal coaching can be used to improve the well-being of a child or teenager. We will refer your child to colleagues or institutions in the field if we consider this to be in the interest of your child.